Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sportsman*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2003
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    No more Krispy Kreme doughnuts in the Tri-Cities. Rather sad.

    Krispy Kreme closes up shop; Seaver&#39s Bakery takes over | TriCities

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    My last two times home, I flirted with the idea of heading over to Kingsport for a couple of dozen lemon-filled donuts....now, I wish I had!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    I think the new place will be ok, just have to get use to the new name. they said the kept all the same flavors and same prices and tweeked the recipe and made them softer and sweeter
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I think the new place will be ok, just have to get use to the new name. they said the kept all the same flavors and same prices and tweeked the recipe and made them softer and sweeter
    could just be me but went there for the first time since the change and looks like they have cut down on flavors and just isn't as good.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    could just be me but went there for the first time since the change and looks like they have cut down on flavors and just isn't as good.
    When they were franchised Krispy Kreme they received their mixes directly from Krispy Kreme (not made on site). That ended when the contract ended. So the current products aren't related to Krispy Kreme products at all.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    Quote Originally Posted by MikMo View Post
    My last two times home, I flirted with the idea of heading over to Kingsport for a couple of dozen lemon-filled donuts....now, I wish I had!
    You like the lemon filled, too? Those are the best ones!!! They're a huge weakness for me. LoL :lol:
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    On a side note:

    The Kingsport Police Department has announced an official day of mourning
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    Quote Originally Posted by SBG View Post
    You like the lemon filled, too? Those are the best ones!!! They're a huge weakness for me. LoL :lol:
    One quarter of this huge gut I have came from Krispy Kreme!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member DJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2009
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Krispy Kreme closes up shop

    closest crispy cream is pigeon forge now
    Gate City: 16 State Championships in the 2000s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •